Bird Paintings

I love to paint birds more than anything else. What I like most about this is the detailing. I could spend hours adding teeny-tiny brush strokes to get the texture of the feathers right. Also, I love the variety of colors in birds and trying to get them onto paper.  I have posted here some of those paintings from 2016 to 2022. 

2016

These two were drawn for an exhibition. Both birds are endemic to Sri Lanka. Drawn opaque in watercolor.

1. Sri Lanka Hanging Parrot (Loriculus beryllinus)


2. Sri Lankan blue magpie (Urocissa ornata)

2017

These two I painted to be given as a present.

1. Kingfisher  





2. Paradise flycatcher




2022

These are also endemic to Sri Lanka. Painted using watercolor.

1. Crimson fronted barbet (Megalaima rubricapillus)



2. Chestnut-backed owl (Glaucidium castanotum)









Comments